Despite your fabulous look, there are subtle changes going on in your body that will impact on the next decade. It’s with a great delight to share healthy guide to what you should do to ensure you retain and maintain your youthfulness throughout your thirties.
1. Eat breakfast: Your metabolism slows down by 2% each decade. As a matter of fact, eating breakfast is very important and should never be skipped except you are on a fast. It will interest you to know that eating breakfast at the start of the day works together with your metabolism which is at its peak in the morning and fuel activity.
Surprisingly, studies have shown that women who eat breakfast shed more weight and also maintain it more effectively than those on a low-carbs diet who make breakfast their smallest meal. For some reasons, you may not really like eating breakfast but I encourage you to adopt it as a lifestyle. Make eating breakfast your daily habit. Eat breakfast to your satisfaction and not as a small meal. By so doing, this will improve your metabolism for the better.
2. Exercise! Just few minutes of exercise a day promotes a healthy jump start to your body. You don’t need to join the gym if you wish not to. I personally don’t see myself joining the gym as fun. I’m not a fan of gym but it’s good anyway. I love skipping in the comfort of my home. Skipping has helped and it’s still helping me a lot. So, what about you? Find your suitable exercise that you are comfortable with and can do with much fun. Exercise shouldn’t be seen as a corporal punishment. Exercise should be seen as fun and that is the only way it can be easy for you to obtain.
Now, back to the real deal of exercising. It balances your hormones. Prevents bone injuries which becomes important as you get older.
3. Take essential supplement: Maintain a healthy living will require some food supplements like calcium, vitamin C& D. I have found this to be very helpful and productive to my body system. In fact, taking calcium, vitamin C& D strengthen your cell and fights off chronic diseases just to ensure your body system remains sound and healthy. Experts recommend women in their forties have 1000mg of calcium and 800 IU(international units) every day.
However, consult your health care provider regarding what brand of supplement to be taken. I will also advise you maintain the brand given if found suitable with no serious side effects.
4. Put stress under control: Whether you are a working class lady or a stay-at-home mom, whatever task you engage yourself in, make sure you don’t let stress weigh you down. You own your body and believe me it communicates with you from time to time, Your body tells you when you seem to over step your boundaries and at the same time urge you to slow down so as to avoid health breakdown. I remember in a firm where I worked, one of the question I was asked by the job interviewer was if I could work under pressure and my answer was in the affirmative. I did so because I was single, fending for myself and I needed the monthly pay seriously.
That was cool because I couldn’t afford to lose the job. I’m not saying you should tell your company superior or your employer that you can work under pressure or not. Whatever you choose to say remains your decision. But I’m saying you should place your health as a top priority. Money can’t buy health at the expense of self-neglect and you need to take note of it. You can work to earn but make sure you are not under excessive stress. Give yourself a self-treat whenever you feel the need to, and you will be fine. Another thing I will like you to know is that, stress kills certain things you should be enjoying like; sex, healthy heart beat and good mood. In other words, stress inhibits cell death that slows your life span prematurely.
5. Fuel your mood and brain with protein: Yes! Eating protein to fuel your mood and brain does more wonder than you think. There was a time I had issues with my mental health. I usually found it difficult to think well and I was prone to forgetting a lot of crucial things and events that should take place. My situation became worse as the days went by so I decided to contact my doctor who prescribed some supplement including Amino acids. Amino acids helps form a complete protein and boost levels of mood-lifting neurotransmitters in the brain which in turn can help with symptoms of depression and poor memory.
Other food that serves as great sources of protein includes; eggs, fish and quinoa. Most importantly, do not neglect carbs too, as they help increase serotonin production in the brain as well as boosting your mood.
6. Make a move: It’s beyond sitting still watching a TV program or doing something else that is boring to you. Now, exhale and try doing something new with yourself or with your spouse(it doesn’t have to be done always in the bedroom). You may decide to dance with your spouse or engage any fun play that can enhance your happy mood. Do you remember how exciting it was when your relationship was new? If you can recreate those beautiful moment by being adventurous with your spouse, then you will be doing a great job. Maybe, you don’t have a spouse, still find something that is fun to you. It could be dancing or singing alone. Whatever you find as fun, please make a move.
7. Hook up with friends: Make sure you meet with your friends in person, not just on social media. Having a physical good time with your friends not only does relaxing with them reduce stress and boost self-esteem. A good social life can also reduce the risk of diabetes, heart disease and strokes.
8. Sleep well: It is very important that you sleep well so your body system can function very well. You need not to deprive yourself of sleep because doing so will only amount to high level of stress and mood swing which can also result to premature ageing. However, in order to look more youthful and active you need to sleep at the right time and early enough.